Tuesday, February 24, 2009

iLog 2009: Day 22 Addendum

Sunday:
We had some friends come over for lunch, because re:Think's wife had a dream she wanted to visit about with us. So, as we are eating spaghetti, she explains her dream. I'll let her tell you, so, I'm sorry, you will not hear it here. This isn't about that.

After her dream explanation, re:Think, the husband, describes a dream he had the same night. They were similar but different, and I'll let you hear it from him. This isn't about that, either.

So, Bridget starts to tell about a dream she had Saturday night as well. Since this isn't about that either, she'll have to tell you about it. All three of them sat at our table and were just so smug and "la-dee-da" about how spiritual they were that they all had a dream and I didn't. Well, that's not exactly the case. I would've shared my dream with them, but I decided to let them bask in their "spiritual superiority". (please hear the tongue in cheek here)

This is about MY dream.

I actually had three distinct dreams Saturday night, but only one do I remember in detail. Obviously, this is the dream that I shall depict for you. Actually, I need to start a couple of nights earlier, so let me esplain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Bridget had an episode where she rebuked fear and immediately I hid under the covers. Apparently, fear didn't leave without one more jab, but this one was aimed at me. Fair enough, I got over it. Bridget still teases me.

So, fear comes back Saturday night. I can tell because my dream is odd and weird, and not scary, but I remember feeling afraid. I kept stabbing this seemingly nice guy who was meaning to do us harm, but he was not affected by my efforts. I end up in that half asleep/half awake state and realize that it is only a dream. Thoughts of rebuking this fear came to mind, but I was tired and really didn't want to mess with it. So, I laid there for a few minutes in this odd state of being afraid, but not really, being asleep, but not really. Doesn't make much sense, I know, but how often can one clearly describe one's dreams to other people?

Finally, something happened, I don't remember what, and I decided to take action. However, for whatever reason, I decided to bind fear. I bound fear's mouth, arms, and legs to where fear couldn't do anything but be bound in the name of Jesus Christ. I rolled over and started a different, less fearful, dream.

I find it interesting that we all had dreams of some sort of significance Saturday night. I find it funny that I had three dreams while everyone else only had one. Ha. So, to not let pride take over any more than it already has, I digress.

Be encouraged. Rebuke and bind fear in the name of Jesus. You'll sleep better.

0 comments: