Thursday, February 26, 2009

iLog 2009: Days 24 & 25

Day 24: Tuesday
The day started out as usual and ended deep in thought. I honestly don't remember how or why it ended there. I remember thinking that night, "why am I so thoughtful?" I don't remember any conversations or events that would have caused me to be so reflective, but there I was, late at night,...reflective.

We had dinner next door at my parents' house, because my mom is out of town and my dad, not wanting to be a bother, won't ever eat with us unless we tie him up and sit him down to eat. So, we did. And he liked it! (Didn't you?)

Yes, that paragraph revealed something interesting, didn't it? I live right next door to my parents. They live in the same house in which I grew up, and now my family and I live next door. Very cool. Many benefits: free babysitting, pool, cable TV, fun (and sometimes free) meals. This could go on and on. I'm just thankful (as is my wife) that my mom is unlike poor Ray Barone's mom on "Everybody Loves Raymond." I don't think we would've lasted too long had that been the case. Thanks, family, for loving and supporting us the way you do. We love you guys!

Day 25: Wednesday
OK, sappiness over, let's continue. I wrote this in my journal at 4:23 in the morning:
I am deep in thought. I have been since last night. At least, that's the best way for me to describe it. I do not feel sad; I do not feel depressed; I just feel ponderous. (side note: 2Nu song, anybody? Anybody?) I feel like the Holy Spirit is wanting to touch me - move me in some way, but am I hindering it? Oh, God, no! I don't wish to hinder Your spirit's move in my life. - Please, speak to me, Lord, for your child is
here, listening.
- I have read 2 Chronicles 13 & 14 and John 9:13-10:21
- Those who obey the Lord find peace. Obedience leads to peace - not necessarily with our enemies, but peace with God. Oh, Lord, teach me that I may obey your commands.

The two words I got out of this morning were "obey" and "peace". Cool. I encourage you to read those passages to see what the Lord may have for you. Be encouraged.

Soli Deo Gloria

0 comments: